Current as at January 2022
WAIKATO WATER POLO CLUB INC. FEES POLICY
CLUB MEMBERSHIP & TRAINING FEES
Waikato Water Polo relies on player fees to pay for pool hire, coaches, insurance and other club operating costs. The fees are set by the Club Committee/Board each year and will be communicated to members via the club website, our age group coordinators at musters and the online registration process.
Online Registration is via the club’s website – www.waikatowaterpolo.co.nz The fees for the year 2022 are:
MEMBERSHIP & TRAINING FEES – AGE GROUP PLAYERS
Waikato Waterpolo Membership (Annual Fee) $25
NZWP Individual Registration (Annual Fee) $25
Age Group Training Fee (per term) $125
U12 Squad (Annual Fee) $250
- Membership and NZWP fees will be invoiced on registration.
- Training fees will be invoiced at the beginning of every term that there is training for the Age Group for which the player is registered, each age group typically trains for 2 terms, except U12’s who train all year, hence have an annual fee.
- New members to the club are invited to participate in 2 training sessions prior to registration. On the 3rd session, the player must register and will be invoiced.
- Unregistered players cannot train and will not be considered for team selection.
- If a player trains for more than one Age Group, they will only be invoiced for their natural age groups trainings. If that player is U12, they will be invoiced the U12 fee, not the per term fee.
• All players selected to play at a tournament will be invoiced separately and in addition to membership/training fees.
- Away tournaments where teams require accommodation are likely to cost between $500 – $750 per player. Tournament sin the South Island will also require flights which are not covered in these cost estimates. Tournaments that do not require accommodation are likely to cost between $150 – $200. These costs are very approximate and are to give our families an early estimate of what might be involved. This is because cost can vary depending on tournament location and whether funding grant applications are successful or not.
- Upon naming of the tournament team, a deposit will be payable ($250 for tournaments requiring Waikato Waterpolo to make non refundable commitments such as accommodation or payment of tournament entry fees). If a player subsequently withdraws from the team, the deposit is non-refundable unless with the committee’s discretion.
- A tournament budget will be prepared and available on request (which should be within the expected costs shown above). Prior to the tournament, the player will be invoiced the remaining amount based on the budget less any deposit, which must be fully paid or a payment arrangement made with the treasurer, at least two weeks prior to the start of the tournament.
- After the tournament, a “wash up” (where the final costs were either greater or lesser than budgeted) will be invoiced or credited to the players account.
CAMPBELL CUP FEES
- All players must be registered for the Campbell Cup competition.
- The entry fee is $100.
- Entry fees will be invoiced on registration.
- One off games (without registration for the competition) are at club discretion – including the invoicing of a per game charge.
- If a player withdraws prior to the Campbell Cup competition commencing, the fee will be credited/refunded, otherwise the full fee is payable.
- All payments are due within 7 days of invoice.
- Internet Banking: To pay via internet banking make payment to:
- Waikato Water Polo Club
- Westpac Bank,
- Account number 03-1555-0091588-000.
- Please ensure you reference your payment with the following:
o the players last name and first name initial
o Invoice #
• Payment plans can be set up with the Treasurer.
NON-PAYMENT OF FEES:
• If any fees are not paid, and in addition to any rights of suspension in the constitution:
o Waikato Water Polo reserves the right to decide that a player will not be allowed to
train and will not be eligible for tournament team selection;
o Waikato Water Polo may pursue debt collection for unpaid fees and any costs
incurred in pursuing such fees;
o As per NZWP Policy, club transfers will not be signed/approved.
OVER PAYMENT OF FEES/CREDIT BALANCES:
• Club members with credit balances will be refunded if requested.
All queries on fees can be emailed to the club Treasurer ().